Saturday, December 16, 2017

WHAT CAN I SAY?

I didn’t take anything. I’m waiting for a friend of mine.

Yeah, I have a wrench under my coat.

No, I don’t have a receipt for it. It just looks like one of yours.

So you’re stuck with me. How long does this usually take?

Look, I just blew it. Just kick me out. It’s cool. 

I’m sick of waiting; where’s the “man” when you want him?

Changing of the guard, eh? 

They’ve had me in here for over an hour.

I’m so sorry. Can’t I just pay for it and never come into the store again? 

Sorry about the tears, man. My kid is so hungry and what if I lose my place? 
We’d be on the street!

But you can do something, can’t you? I won’t ever come in here again, I swear!


Thank you so much, man! I won’t ever do anything this stupid again. Really!



***


coming in UMM Binnacle Ultrashorts 2017 


(This Flash is expanded into a 10-minute, one act play: let me know by comments if you would like to see it up.)

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete